Dog Heaven. It's Where We Train.
About 90 minutes northeast of downtown Dallas, Texas, nestled in the sandy soil and tree-lined hills along the Red River, our private training fields allows us to work our dogs on a variety of surfaces. When construction is completed, we will have two training fields:
- One fenced Practice Field equipped with six handcrafted wood Blinds. Several Pecan tress surround the field providing observers with shade on sunny practice days and the grassy field is rooted in sandy, rock free soil which ensures good drainage so the field is usable on the rainiest of days;
- Regulation Scaling Wall within an adjustable shaping/channeling pen,
- Regulation Jump within an adjustable shaping/channeling pen,
- Room for future expansion and future construction of a full-sized (100 meters x 80 meters) IPO regulation training field complete with six Blinds, a regulation Scaling Wall and a regulation jump,
- Separate pen with a regulation Scaling Wall to train/shape jumping behavior in an environment where it is not possible for the dog to go around the wall, and a
- Separate pen with a regulation jump to train/shape jumping behavior in an environment where it is not possible for the dog to go around the jump.
We also enjoy:
- Access to approximately 90 acres of private, on-site, varied terrain including hay fields, grazing pastures, and acres of forested land complete with ravines, hills and varied terrain perfect for search and rescue training activities.
- Located near the Red River, we enjoy access to nearby alfalfa fields and a variety of other terrains perfect for proofing dogs readying for trials on a variety of surfaces.
- Quality Priefert Kennels (on a concrete slab) available for segregating dogs (three double runs and two half runs).
- We have a two bedroom, two bathroom guest house with a kitchen and tornado shelter for visiting trainers, guests and their pets.
- We have a 20'x40' indoor building/shop for (small group) training in adverse weather.
- We have a garage with mirrors for individuals to practice/focus on position without looking at their dog.
- We also have a stocked pond, a swimming pool and hot tub for taking that cool dip or warm soak or a fun swimming adventure for our dogs.
This facility is our little piece of Texas dog training heaven where we truly enjoy gathering for training several times every week.
Construction Photos (February 2016)